Communication, Connection and Financial Self Reliance
Made up of 4 different learning outcomes based on research of learning needs of the ER Sector. This one day workshop runs from 9.30am - 4.30pm (7hrs) with breaks for morning/afternoon tea and lunch (catering is provided).
Our learning style has a big emphasis on interactive learning activities rather than lecture style. The workshop includes the following learning outcomes:
- Understand why ER is important - overview of the sector and ER in Australia, research about poverty in Australia
- Understand why and how people find themselves in crisis
- Enhance empathy for the client situation
- How to have conversations with people about their financial situations
- How to assist people to become more self-reliant regarding their financial management
- How to support clients to think about employment as a long term goal and make steps to stabilise their situation in order to be able to participate in employment in the future
This a free training day funded by DSS for all ER sector workers paid or unpaid. Places are limited, please register to attend online by submitting our registration form. All enquiries can be made to firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone (freecall) 1800 628 749.